Follow Us:

Have Questions?
We have Answers

Click Here to send us a question
and to receive answers from our Experts

Contact Points for Filing Medical Complaints

by Edward Leigh, Patient Communications Expert
August 04, 2017

Question: Whom should I contact if I need to file a medical complaint?

Answer: Thank you for writing.

To file a complaint about a healthcare organization, such as a hospital (such as issues with unsafe conditions or other such concerns) contact your State department of health services. This is a list of state health departments:

To file a complaint about your doctor (like unprofessional conduct, incompetent practice, or licensing questions), contact your State medical board.

Thank you again for writing.

Edward Leigh, MA, focuses on helping patients and healthcare professionals effectively communicate with each other. Excellent communication skills dramatically enhance patient satisfaction and safety. He presents high-energy and informative programs for hospitals, healthcare associations, medical practices, government organizations and universities. He is also an in-demand consultant and coach. He has a master’s degree in health education.

See more of Edward Leigh's expert answers

Your Answers and Comments

Post your answer or comment
You must be logged in to post a comment

Previous Expert Q & A

More Previous Expert Q&A